SG Farmers’ Market Goes Virtual – Enjoy a New Farmers’ Market Experience!
Good news, fans of local produce! SG Farmers’ Market is back, this time virtually, and just in time for Chinese New Year!
Given the growing popularity of the physical event, Singapore Agro-Food Enterprises Federation (SAFEF) had originally planned to organise a series of SG Farmers’ Market events in 2021 to continue our efforts to promote local produce from Singapore farms, and encourage consumers to buy local because it’s fresh, safe, reduces carbon footprint, and boosts Singapore’s food security.
As we don’t want anyone to miss out on our SG Farmers’ Market events in 2021 due to COVID-19, we’ve replaced the physical events with virtual events and will be holding our very first Virtual SG Farmers’ Market events just in time for Chinese New Year!
When & Where Will Virtual SG Farmers’ Market Be Held
Not one but TWO Virtual SG Farmers’ Market events will be held just before Chinese New Year (CNY) on Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/SAFEF2017 on:
- Saturday, 30th January 2021 from 9am to 12.50pm (2 weekends before CNY)
- Saturday, 6th February 2021 from 9am to 12.20pm (1 weekend before CNY)
At these events, participating farms will be livestreamed at half-hourly intervals, and you’ll be able to order fresh local produce from the farms starting from 9am to 1 hour after each event ends, and have the produce delivered from the farms to your doorstep the next day.
What to Expect from Virtual SG Farmers’ Market
Here are 8 reasons why you should tune in to Virtual SG Farmers’ Market. Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Enjoy virtual farm tours of the participating farms from the comfort of your home.
- Meet the farmers virtually and learn more about their farms and their produce, and why you should buy local.
- Interact with the farmers and ask them questions during the Q&A to find out more about their farms and produce.
- Enjoy the convenience of buying local produce online, and having the produce delivered from the farms to your doorstep.
- Take advantage of the attractive deals and promotions from the farms to stock up for CNY with the freshest locally harvested seafood, vegetables and more.
- Enjoy FREE delivery with minimum spend of $50 per checkout.
- Stand to win branded kitchen appliances from the lucky draws.
- Enjoy cooking demonstrations featuring local produce and learn new recipes for CNY.
What You Stand to Win from the Lucky Draws*:
- 30th January – Mistral Electric Grill with Hot Pot (3 Winners)
- 6th February – Mayer Electric Oven (3 Winners)
How to Win:
- Every $10 you spend in a single transaction (can be from multiple farms) will entitle you to 1 lucky draw chance to win.
- The more you spend at each event, the more chances you will receive, and the better your chances of winning!
Which Farms Will Be Participating in Virtual SG Farmers’ Market
Participating farms include ACE – Fish Market, Apollo Marine Seafood, BLUCURRENT, Just Produce, Kok Fah Technology Farm, LSSI by Long Star, OPAL, The Fish Farmer, and Yummy Sprouts.
Be sure to tune in to ALL the livestreams and cooking demonstrations on 30th January & 6th February!
|Time||30th January 2021||6th February 2021|
|9.00am – 9.20am||LSSI Long Star (Seafood)||BLUCURRENT (Seafood)|
|9.30am – 9.50am||The Fish Farmer (Seafood)||Kok Fah Technology Farm (Vegetables)|
|10.00am – 10.20am||ACE – Fish Market (Seafood)||OPAL (Seafood, Vegetables)|
|10.30am – 10.50am||Cooking Demonstration||Cooking Demonstration|
|11.00am – 11.20am||Kok Fah Technology Farm (Vegetables)||Apollo Marine Seafood (Seafood)|
|11.30am – 11.50am||Apollo Marine Seafood (Seafood)||Just Produce (Vegetables)|
|12.00pm – 12.20pm||BLUCURRENT (Seafood)||Yummy Sprouts (Vegetables)|
|12.30pm – 12.50pm||Just Produce (Vegetables)|
How to Order Local Produce at Virtual SG Farmers’ Market
Ordering fresh and nutritious local produce from Virtual SG Farmers’ Market is easy!
On each event day, just tune in to our livestreams, click on the link to Dine Inn – the Customer Ordering & Payment Platform for Virtual SG Farmers’ Market – and you’ll see every item available for sale from the participating farms. Order the items you want from the different farms, choose the delivery time at check-out, and make 1 single payment with your credit or debit card before the last order cut-off time (1 hour after each event ends).
Your orders will be delivered to you the next day within 60 minutes of your chosen delivery time, in cooler bags with ice packs to keep your produce fresh!
A $6 delivery fee per location applies for each check-out. However, delivery is free if you spend $50 or more in a single transaction, so stock up!
Join a Growing Community Committed to Supporting Local Produce and Singapore’s Food Security
For all the latest updates on Virtual SG Farmers’ Market, Like & Follow SAFEF on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SAFEF2017.
Be sure to lock in the dates and times of both events in your diary, and don’t forget to tune in to Virtual SG Farmers’ Market on Facebook Live on:
- Saturday, 30th January 2021 from 9am to 12.50pm
- Saturday, 6th February 2021 from 9am to 12.20pm